Scope and content
Photographs, newspaper clippings, a napkin, and a matchbook relating to Noyes Lodge, with frequent references to the Johnny Parson Club as well. Photographs of the opening festivities for the Lodge include pictures of Nicholas H. Noyes with Cornell President Deane Waldo Malott.
Dates
- 1958.
Language of Material
In English.
Biographical / Historical
Noyes Lodge was built beside Beebe Lake on the Cornell University campus in 1958, as a successor to the Johnny Parson Club. Funds to build Noyes Lodge were donated by Nicholas H. Noyes, Class of 1906, and his brother Jansen Noyes, Class of 1910. The Johnny Parson Club (also known as Japes), which was in poor condition, was torn down once the Noyes Lodge was completed.
Extent
1 volumes. (1 volume.)
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Undetermined
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Repository Details
Part of the Division of Rare and Manuscript Collections Repository
2B Carl A. Kroch Library
Cornell University
Ithaca NY 14853
607-255-3530
607-255-9524 (Fax)