Skip to main content

Archives at Cornell

St. Paul's United Methodist Church pamphlets

 Collection — Box: 1
Identifier: 1925

Scope and content

Annual reports of the church, 1951-1963, detailing committee activities and the proposed budget for the following year; an excerpt from the February 25, 1909 issue of the Christian Advocate, containing an article on the new church building; and a 1958 pamphlet on the history of the church, commemorating the church's 50th anniversary in its current building.

Dates

  • 1909-1963-(bulk 1951-1963)

Creator

Language of Material

In English.

Biographical / Historical

The first Methodist church in Ithaca was built in 1820. A second church building, made of brick, was used from 1867-1907. The third building, which is still in use, was dedicated in 1909. It was topped by a large tower which has since been removed. The church itself has had several successive names. It was called the First Methodist Episcopal Church as of 1909; First Methodist Church as of 1951; St. Paul's Methodist Church, beginning in 1961; and St. Paul's United Methodist Church beginning in 1966.

Extent

.4 cubic feet. (.4 cubic feet.)

Description rules
Describing Archives: A Content Standard
Language of description
Undetermined
Script of description
Code for undetermined script

Repository Details

Part of the Division of Rare and Manuscript Collections Repository

Contact:
2B Carl A. Kroch Library
Cornell University
Ithaca NY 14853
607-255-3530
607-255-9524 (Fax)