Skip to main content

Archives at Cornell

College of Engineering architectural renderings

 Collection — Multiple Containers
Identifier: 16-2-3772

Scope and content

General plan for the College of Engineering by York and Sawyer, 1925; elevations and other plans for the proposed buildings for the College of Engineering, by Shreve, Lamb and Harmon; and a plan of Carpenter Hall, by Perkins and Will. Also a draft of "The Master Plan for Engineering Facilities," January, 1989 and a computer simulation photograph fo the new building for the Theory Center. Also includes slides with plans and photographs of Upson and Thurston Halls.

Dates

  • 1925-1989.

Creator

Language of Material

In English.

Biographical / Historical

In 1925, as part of the work of the University Plan Commission, the architectural firm of York and Sawyer proposed a new group of engineering buildings to replace East Sibley, Lincoln, and Franklin Halls. In 1937, Shreve, Lamb and Harmon again designed a cluster of new Engineering buildings for that site. In 1941, however, the university administration and trustees decided to relocate the Engineering College to its current location south of Barnes Hall and Sage College. Olin Hall incorporated some of the elements of the Shreve, Lambe and Harmon design, as did Kimball and Thurston Halls. The rest of the new Engineering Quad was designed by Perkins and Will.

Extent

1 cubic feet.

1 folders.

1 mapcase folders.

Description rules
Describing Archives: A Content Standard
Language of description
Undetermined
Script of description
Code for undetermined script

Repository Details

Part of the Division of Rare and Manuscript Collections Repository

Contact:
2B Carl A. Kroch Library
Cornell University
Ithaca NY 14853
607-255-3530
607-255-9524 (Fax)