Skip to main content

Archives at Cornell

Cornell University Buildings and Properties records

 Collection — Multiple Containers
Identifier: 43-2-657

Scope and content

Typescript and mimeographed copies of planning and development reports by Bryant Fleming, Assistant Professor of Rural Art, concerning the location of buildings for the College of Agriculture (Nov. 1910), the westerly unit of Cornell (April 1930), University and Cascadilla Avenues, Fall Creek, and interrelated areas (June 1930), and the library slope unit and outlying town and regional conditions which pertained (Nov. 1930); also an incomplete mimeographed draft and the final printed copy of the Report of the Plan Commission (Nov. 1925), which was charged with studying and preparing a plan for the architectural, engineering, and landscape development of the University, and which recommended the creation of an Architectural Advisory Board, of which F. H. Bosworth, Jr. was Chairman and to which Fleming was landscape advisor; four letters or copies of letters (1924-1925) from Bosworth and others to Trustee J. DuPratt White, Chairman of the Buildings and Grounds Committee, relating to the Plan Commission's report; and blueprints, maps, and tracings, some original, pertaining to the above reports or depicting the campus and campus areas in various years.

Scope and content

Correspondence among Conant Van Blarcom (Class of 1908), Hugh Edgar Weatherlow (Class of 1906), Superintendents, and Ezra Bailey Whitman (Class of 1901), Chairman of the Buildings and Grounds Committee of the Board of Trustees, regarding several phases of University maintenance, principally electrical; also memoranda to several foremen concerning specific maintenance projects, 1932-1948.

Scope and content

Letter from Hugh E. Weatherlow, Superintendent of Buildings and Grounds, to Myron C. Taylor, asking Taylor to study the enclosed copy of the proposed campus plan for possible comments or suggestions.

Scope and content

"Report of the Committee to Administer the Library to the Department of Buildings and Grounds on Changes and New Construction," November 1929. "Report to the Superintendent of Buildings and Grounds on Building Alterations Needed in the University Library," December 1930.

Dates

  • 1897-1951

Creator

Language of Material

In English.

Extent

3 folders.