St. John's Episcopal Church of Clifton Springs records
Scope and content
Two church registers containing a church history and records of communicants, individual families, baptisms, confirmations, marriages, burials and offerings.
Dates
- 1866-1891.
Creator
Biographical / Historical
The church was organized in 1806. In 1812 church activity declined and religious services were held infrequently until 1866 when Reverend William B. Edson revived the church. A new wood church in the Gothic style was built in approximately 1868 and called St. John's Chapel. In 1874 the parish joined with the convention of New York. By 1881 a new church was built.
Extent
1 microfilm reels. (1 microfilm reels.)
Language of Materials
English
Location of Originals Note
Holder of originals: Records held by St. John's Episcopal Church.
- Anglican church buildings -- New York (State) -- Manchester.
- Baptismal certificates.
- Church records and registers -- New York (State) -- Manchester.
- Edson, William B.
- Episcopal Church -- New York (State) -- Manchester.
- Manchester (N.Y.) -- Religious life and customs.
- St. John's Chapel (Manchester, N.Y.)
- Wayne County (N.Y.) -- Religious life and customs.
- Description rules
- Appm
- Language of description
- Undetermined
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Repository Details
Part of the Division of Rare and Manuscript Collections Repository
2B Carl A. Kroch Library
Cornell University
Ithaca NY 14853
607-255-3530
607-255-9524 (Fax)