Skip to main content

Archives at Cornell

First Presbyterian Church of Hector records

 Collection — microfilm reel: 1
Identifier: 6099

Scope and content

Two volumes of session meeting minutes (1809-1839, 1840-1924); trustee meeting minutes, annual meeting minutes, financial records including the constitution and a list of members of the Women's Home Missionary Society (1834-1876); dues lists of the Ladies Missionary Society of Peach Orchard.

Dates

  • 1809-1924.

Creator

Terms Governing Use and Reproduction

Information obtained from these records may not be published or otherwise released in such form that any individual mentioned in the records can be identified..

Biographical / Historical

This church was constituted with seven members as the Presbyterian Church of Peach Orchard on September 15, 1809 by the Reverend Mr. William Clark and the Reverend Mr. Charles Mosher. Elders and deacons were elected on October 29, 1809. On February 23, 1810 trustees were elected and the church's name was changed to the First Presbyterian Church of Hector. In 1817 the trustees purchased a lot for a cemetery and in 1818 a church was built. In 1853 the building was repaired at a cost of $1,400.

Extent

1 microfilm reels. (1 microfilm reels.)

Language of Materials

English