Skip to main content

Archives at Cornell

St. Gabriel's Roman Catholic Church records

 Collection — microfilm reel: 1
Identifier: 6076

Scope and content

Baptisms (1861-1897, 1900); marriages (1861-1865, 1867, 1870-1897, 1900; and additional miscellaneous certificates for period 1899-1929; deaths (1861-1870, 1880-1898); and confirmations (1863, 1883, 1888, 1897).

Dates

  • 1861-1900/

Creator

Language of Material

Entries are in Latin.

Biographical / Historical

St. Gabriel's Roman Catholic Church at Hammondsport was organized in 1843. Its first priest was Father Patrick Bradley. In 1847 the congregation purchased the old Presbyterian Church. In 1880 St. Gabriel's became a separate mission including Prattsburgh. A wooden frame church was built in 1885 and after it was destroyed by fire, a stone structure was built in 1909. Inside the cover of the register is an outline history of the church with a list of its priests from 1841-1941.

Extent

1 microfilm reels. (1 microfilm reels.)

Location of Originals Note

Holder of originals: Records held by St. Gabriel's Church.

Description rules
Appm
Language of description
Undetermined
Script of description
Code for undetermined script

Repository Details

Part of the Division of Rare and Manuscript Collections Repository

Contact:
2B Carl A. Kroch Library
Cornell University
Ithaca NY 14853
607-255-3530
607-255-9524 (Fax)