Skip to main content

Archives at Cornell

Methodist Episcopal Church of Painted Post records

 Collection — microfilm reel: 1
Identifier: 6103

Scope and content

One volume of Sunday School meeting minutes (1868-1877) including number of teachers, officers and scholars present.

Dates

  • 1868-1877.

Creator

Biographical / Historical

In 1832 Painted Post was set off as a separate circuit containing (as of 1837) Little Flatts, Painted Post, Addison Village, West Addison, Erwin Center, Campbell and Tioga. It divided in 1833, 1839, and again in 1843 when Erwin, Painted Post and Campbell formed a circuit named after the latter two towns. In 1850 a church was erected on Chemung and Steuben Streets in Painted Post. Nothing is known about the formation of activities of the Sunday School.

Extent

1 microfilm reels. (1 microfilm reels.)

Language of Materials

English

Location of Originals Note

Holder of originals: Records in possession of private owner.

Description rules
Appm
Language of description
Undetermined
Script of description
Code for undetermined script

Repository Details

Part of the Division of Rare and Manuscript Collections Repository

Contact:
2B Carl A. Kroch Library
Cornell University
Ithaca NY 14853
607-255-3530
607-255-9524 (Fax)