Skip to main content

Archives at Cornell

War Memorial materials, Undated

 File — Box: 2, Folder: 34-36

Dates

  • Other: Undated

Creator

Conditions Governing Access

From the Series:

Restricted

Biographical / Historical

Beginning in 1925, Quill and Dagger members spearheaded the erection of a permanent memorial to Cornellians who served in the First World War. Based on the suggestion of F. Ellis Jackson, a Quill and Dagger member, the architectural plan for West Campus was modified to include the War Memorial structure. Because of Quill and Dagger's contributions to the War Memorial's construction, the society was granted exclusive use of the top floors of the northern tower.

Extent

9.5 cubic feet. (9.5 cubic feet.)

Language of Materials

English

Repository Details

Part of the Division of Rare and Manuscript Collections Repository

Contact:
2B Carl A. Kroch Library
Cornell University
Ithaca NY 14853
607-255-3530
607-255-9524 (Fax)